Monday, October 03, 2005

Lovely fruit



I love the fruit markets in Spain. Or well, the markets - period. In our area, there's a different market in a different town on any given day - Friday afternoons in Pilar which is our closest town, and another day in San Pedro which is also close. And you can find everything. Fruits and vegetables, sure, but also your houseware, kitchy garden gnomes, a wide variety of pickles and olives, underwear, shoes, handbags - everything, really.



We bought a lot of oranges, to have freshly squeezed juice in the mornings. Mm, delicious! They were really sweet and juicy, and very cheap. We also bought plums and peaches. The peaches were made into a clafoutis, but.. that didn't turn out so well. I'm not sure what clafoutis should be like, but I'm fairly sure it shouldn't be the gelatinous mass that I ended up with. It looks pretty, sure, but.. absolute inedible. Oh well, another lesson learned.

1 comment:

Mona said...

I love the citrus pic!! Always have to have lemons and limes handy in my apartment, whether it's for cooking or for squeezin in a nice cup of water (or vodka :)
That fruity concoction looks awesome too!