Sunday, November 25, 2007

Cooking up a storm!

Just a really quick note today - I'm busy in the kitchen, preparing a turkey and lots of food for a Thanksgiving dinner tonight with my family. I know it's not the proper date, but as it's not a holiday here, well - this is as close as we get!

To start off, I'm serving some spiced almonds, cashews and macadamias. The menu looks like this:

-Roasted turkey
-Roasted potatoes
-Cream sauce (from a carton, I'm afraid. I'm not Martha.)
-Apple Fennel Salad
-Sweet Potato Gratin
-Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and bacon - using a recipe from Rachel Ray
-Apple Chutney, Maple Butter, Lingonberry Jam, Chilli Jelly - whatever condiments I can dig out from the fridge, essentially.
-tiny bread rolls

And for dessert, a nut truffle tart, that looks delicious in my fridge right now.

Yes - no stuffing, no cranberry sauce. We've tried. Not fans. So why bother?

7 comments:

Greg said...

"Not fans. So why bother?"

Good point. Make what you enjoy! I am in America and I didn't make stuffing or cranberry sauce this year. :) Roasted turkey, on the other hand, is a treat. I'm now enjoying turkey soup with homemade noodles. COMFORT!!!

Enjoy your day.

Nice blog. I've added it to my blogroll.

Jason said...

Have a happy Thanksgiving! Glad you are celebrating one of my favorite holidays.
Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks cranberry sauce should be left out.

Anonymous said...

Vilken fin blogg och grattis till omnämnandet i Sydsvenskan.

Annemarie said...

What a nice treat to have for yourself and your eating guests. A shame you don't like the stuffing and cranberry since they make a fantastic leftover sandwich filler, but I suppose as long as you have the turkey on the menu, you're doing alright. :)

Feline Flodin said...

Har aldrig fattat grejen med tacksägelsehelgen - mest en ursäkt att käka mat?! ;D Och lustigt, satt och bloggade om ugnsrostad potatis igår kväll. ;)

Jag vill fikaaa. *tjata* ;D

Jeanne said...

Wow!! Where do you get the time (and energy!)?? All sounds great, although I always think the stuffing is the best part ;-)

Rachael Narins said...

I absolutly love that you did that. So awesome.