Friday, October 04, 2019

Cinnamon Bun Day 2019

Sweden is getting cold. The leaves are turning yellow and red. Fall is here. And that means.. Kanelbullens dag! Yes, that’s Swedish for “cinnamon bun day” - and that means a whole day to celebrate our national favorite baked goodie. I bet you nearly every Swede has at least one cinnamon bun today. My kids were greeted at school this morning by parents handing out buns, and I’ve had plenty of opportunities to partake as well.

I thought I’d round up some of my recipes for you!


kanelsnurror-9

These are cinnamon "knots", a sort of twisted bun.

kanelbullar2

Regular buns.

dairyfree-cinnamonrolls

Buns free from eggs and dairy.

daringbakers0709-9

And finally, American style sticky cinnamon rolls. Not traditional in Sweden, but delicious.

No comments: