Thursday, May 29, 2014

Curried Lentil Soup with Ginger Yogurt

Untitled

I feel like a broken record here, but yes, yet another recipe adapted from Samanta Larsen's brilliant cookbook. I keep pulling it out to try new things. Rarely have I liked a book this much - so seriously, if you read Swedish, you should get this. (If you don't, keep your fingers crossed for a translation.)

I let Titus help me make this soup -. he really enjoyed putting everything in the food processor. And he really - really - enjoyed eating it, despite it having a few ingredients he doesn't normally appriciate. And I didn't bother making it completely smooth like I usually do, but it was pretty popular despite that. The original was probably a bit spicier, too - I decided to go with something more gentle.

Curried Lentil Soup 
serves 4

1 onion
2 garlic cloves
1 green apple, peeled
2 carrots, peeled
1 red bellpepper
1 tsp curry powder (I used a lovely fruity kind from Herbaria)
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 tsp cardamom, ground
1 - 1,5 litre vegetable stock
200 ml red lentils
 neutral oil

Get out a food processor and mix onion, garlic, apple, carrots and bellpepper into very small bits. Scrape into a large pot, add a litte neutral oil, and cook until all the vegetables have softened. Add the spices and let them fry for a few minutes.

Pour in the vegetable stock (or water and stock cubes) and the lentils, and cook for at least 20 minutes. I used a smaller amount of stock to make the soup thicker, but that's up to you.

Ginger Yogurt
200 thick yogurt
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped

Stir together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vad god den låter, den hamnar på min matlista!

obat pelangsing alami said...

hi,, just visit this site,, have a nice day :)