Thursday, April 03, 2014

Mango Avocado Salsa

Untitled

I love avocado, and since I disovered Picard's frozen mango slices, I love mango, too. Well, I love mango in general, but it's hard to come by perfectly ripe fresh mango here in Sweden and I find them a pain to peel and dice. Picard's mango is perfect - it's obviously frozen at it's peak and is super flavorful.

This little salsa is just great -  great on it's own, or with a larger meal.

Mango Avocado Salsa

1 ripe mango, diced
1 avocado, diced
2 tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
1 red chili, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped

Stir together lime juice, sugar, oil and coriander, and toss with the rest of the ingredients.

3 comments:

JulesTheNorweegie said...

Delicious! I made something similar as a salsa for the tandoori burgers I made. The combination of the fresh mango and creamy avocado is soooo worth the extra bit of effort :D

http://julesthenorweegie.blogspot.nl/

Fröken Dill said...

Very close to the perfect combination of tastes if you ask me! And thank you for the recommendation of the Picard mango. I was close to give up frozen mango after buying some boring stuff.

Fatma - Graphic Designer said...

Yum! :)