Monday, December 09, 2013

Snickerdoodles

snickerdoodles

Seriously addictive cookies. They're soft but with crunchy edges, and a slightly crispy surface from the cinnamon sugar. I've seen recipes with baking powder, but I've also read that the cream of tartar, however hard to find in Sweden, is essential so I haven't dared substitute. I found it at The English Shop in Stockholm. (It's supposedly called vinsten in Swedish and I say supposedly because I've never found it in a regular store.)

Snickerdoodles 
makes 36

220 g butter
300 g sugar 
2 eggs
360 g flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

To decorate:
75 g sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon

Cream butter and sugar until very fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well. 

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add to the batter. 

Roll balls from the dough - I use a cookie scoop that holds 1 tbsp. 

Mix sugar and cinnamon and roll the cookie balls in that. Place, well spaced, on cookie sheet and bake at 200 for about 7 minutes. 

1 comment:

Lotta K said...

Ooohh they;re the best! I'm pretty sure I;ve made them using an American recipe calling for baking powder, and they turned out great.