Friday, July 26, 2013

Good stuff I've eaten lately

yetanotherrisotto

I have some photos I want to post, but no real recipes to speak of. I hope that's ok. Above, a risotto with plenty of mix-ins - asparagus, peas and bacon.

tabbouleh

A tabbouleh - a salad of bulgur wheat, tomatoes, cucumbers, lots of parsley and cilantro. Very good with grilled meat.

torskmedäggsås

Cod with an egg sauce, a very popular Swedish dish. I'd never had it before. It's very mild and many find it comforting. (Not my kids, though.)

friedeggsandwich

Another classic I'd never had before - fried egg on a sandwich. Accompanied by coffee, on a trip to the beach. Awesome.

pasta-scallops-chorizo

Pasta with scallops and chorizo.

chicken-nigella-201306
Poached chicken with tarragon, white wine, leeks and a little cream. (Yum.)

goatcheeseguac

And finally goat's cheese guacamole which was every bit as delicious as it sounds. It had sundried tomatoes in it too. Recipe from Absolutely Avocados by Gaby from What's Gaby Cooking.

No comments: