Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spaghetti with Coppa di Parma & Orange

orange-parmaham-pasta

You may have noticed I don't post as many pasta recipes as I used to. It's because our little boy really isn't a big fan. (I know, weird kid, huh?) He'll eat plain pasta with ketchup, or pasta with pesto, and he certainly doesn't turn down a good Bolognese, but for the creamier sauces that I love... not so much. So we don't make them as much right now - but still, sometimes... pasta remains my favorite comfort food, and I hope Titus will grow to like it eventually.

This pasta is just the thing for me. It's creamy but with lots of tang, and salty from the Coppa di Parma which I like even better than prosciutto - much more flavorful.

Spaghetti with Coppa di Parma & Orange
Serves 2-3

230 g spaghetti
1 tbsp butter
80 g Coppa di Parma, torn into pieces
1 orange - finely grated zest and juice
100 ml cream (full-fat)
100 ml parmesan, grated
black pepper, to taste

Cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted water. When it has a few minutes left, melt the butter in a large pan and fry the Coppa for a minute or so. Add the orange zest and juice, and the cream. When the pasta is cooked, add that to the pan as well, and some of the pasta water if you want it to be saucier. Stir in the parmesan, and season with black pepper.

Recipe in Swedish:
Spaghetti med Coppa di Parma och apelsin

3 comments:

Matarkivet said...

This looks so good, never cook much with orange, but have to try this!

Fahad Khan said...

Very interesting Ann,I have not really heard of a cream sauce with orange,this sounds a must try!Thank you for sharing.:-)

Katerina said...

My two years old daughter also prefers plain pasta to sauces..She likes her penne with melted butter and parmesan. Pesto is also acceptable, but sauces..no, no, no...Too bad for mummy and daddy..Hope it is just the age..