Monday, December 28, 2009
Best of 2009 - new products
This will be pretty un-interesting for those of you not in Sweden, as all of these products are Swedish and probably pretty much only sold here. Sorry. Get even by telling me YOUR favorite new product in the comments - it'll be probably be something I can't get!
- Valio Mjukt Smör. (Soft Butter.) This is butter, with added canola oil to make it spreadable. We used to use a low-fat margarine spread before this, for many years. Then I had this sent home to my door from a PR-agency, along side a loaf of freshly baked bread. I was seduced. And won over. I haven't looked back. This is the only stuff that goes on my sandwiches now.
- Bravo Friscus juice. Orange and apple juice, with added "good bacteria" in order to strengthen your immune system and protect you from colds. I don't know if it works, but I drank it for two months and really got hooked. The apple juice in particular is really tasty.
- Ridderheims ham (and other cold-cut meat) without preservatives. They've launched a whole bunch of meats lately, including a Christmas ham which I really liked. Some of the products - the roast beef especially - were a bit dry, but I really did like that they didn't have any unnecessary chemicals in them.
- Allerum Lagrad Prästost - a very strong, aged cheese that was perfect to eat with the slightly sweet Vörtbröd for Christmas.
- Sour rats from Aroma. I blogged about them, and they are... great. In fact, they're so good I'll send a bag of them to a random commenter - just leave a comment, and make sure I have a way to reach you if you win.