Monday, June 22, 2009

What I ate on Midsummer's Eve

midsommar09-2

As I mentioned, we were invited to Dagmar's for Midsummer's dinner. I had to show the amazing cake she made - it's a rich almond cake with elderflower cream and fresh berries. Absolutely delicious, and beautiful too.

midsommar09-1

I never did get a photo of the main course (grilled steaks, with a asparagus strawberry salad, yum) but I did manage the starter which was nectarine slices with pata negra and ricotta. Very very tasty!

5 comments:

mera mat mamma said...

vilken underbar tårta!! förstår din prioriteringsordning här. Hoppas allt är bra!?

Jennifer Galatioto said...

Hi-
Those baconey things look fantastic!
I enjoy your blog a lot and linked to it from mine!
mortadifame.blogspot.com.
Jen

Barbara said...

Bet she used elderberry liqueur- it seems to be a hot ingredient right now. Looks yummy!

Jeanne said...

Oh, just look at those nectarine & pata negra canapes!! If only I'd seen this before my cocktail party over the weekend...

Anonymous said...

Hej Anne!
Please post the recipe for that beautiful cake!
Many congratulations on Titus birth!
Gabriela