Monday, February 05, 2007

Swiss Cheese

cheeseplatter

I love cheese. Let me just get that off my chest right away, in case anyone didn't know already. Last week, I had the opportunity to go to a cheese lunch. It was a press thing (and I'm always SO happy to be invited, very exciting for this humble blogger) and it was held at the Swiss Embassy in Stockholm, by Emmi which is a Swiss dairy company. They recently launched several products in Sweden - the Caffé Latte that I talked about the other day being one of them, and now several different cheese. Delicious, delicious cheeses, I should add. The picture above (incidentally the one I mysteriously mentioned a few days ago, but then disguised by a simple but cool Photoshop move) shows Gruyère and a lovely herb-cured cheese that was just called Swiss Alp Bellevue, and our favorite hard goat cheese which is not made by Emmi at all, but Swedish. Anyway. The herb cheese amazing - it tasted strongly of thyme, and was strong but mellow. The gruyère was very good too. We also got to try raclette, and we even got a tiny raclette grill to take home. (I'm a sucker for freebies.)

ost emmi2

There was a few Emmi representatives at the lunch, but also Jenny Svensson who's a chef, and who had put together some nice things to enjoy with the cheese, including a dried fruit-and-nuts salad that was delicious.

3 comments:

KrakelSpektakel said...

Nu blev jag lite små-avis.

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to find your blog.

Jeanne said...

An invitation to a cheese tasting. If that isn't a reason to blog, I don't know what is ;-)