Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh, crappy day!

I'm sorry, but I *have* to tell you about today. It was completely miserable. I had a seriously traumatic incident. I was at the dentist's, to get a root canal. In itself, not a lot of fun. The job went fine, and was done in about an hour. Then, the dentist drilled out most of the tooth, and started on the regular filling (on top of the root canal) and when she was done with that, and I had a major gap in my tooth... the building caught on fire.

Not kidding. On fire. So we had to run out. Me with my hole in my tooth, no jacket, nothing.

The dentists and nurses were very concerned - I was the only patient at the time, since it was normally lunch hour - and very friendly, but that didn't help me much. In fear that the tooth might collapse without a filling, they asked me to go to another dentist, immediately, so I got in my car (thank goodness I had the keys in my purse!) and drove there, completely in tears. (Mostly from shock, a little from pain.) They filled it with a very temporary filling that honestly feels mostly like very soft gum, I'm not trusting it one bit, and then Per picked me up and took me home.

It turned out that the fire wasn't very bad - the firetruck was already there when we got out, and they put it out fast, but there was a lot of smoke, and it took a while to secure everything. I got to go back later to pick up my jacket, and to set a new appointment to get the tooth fixed for real. And then I've just spent the rest of the day at home, watching Gilmore Girls.

Yeah, that was my day. Now I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich, and be careful not to chew with my hole-y tooth.

I promise to blog about food tomorrow, but I just couldn't today.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men Stackare!
Det är väl nog pirrigt att gå till tandläkaren och rotfylla, att sedan råka ut för eldsvåda! Vilken pärs!
Jag har haft sådanadär provisoriska fyllningar, dom brukar inte hålla speciellt bra, så tugga försiktigt!

Har kikat på de söta små kattungarna, helgens bilder var verkligen underbara!

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for you, hopefully Per can make you feel better. Lots of warm hugs.

Anonymous said...

NÄmen gud... gå till tandläkaren och så börjar huset brinna?!? Vet du vad det var som började brinna?

Anne said...

Humlan, tack för rådet. Jag ska verkligen ta det försiktigt!

Karro, thank you very much :)

Jessica - de var inte helt säkra, men antingen var det i en lokal där de bygger om, eller så var det precis vid chokladtillverkningen. (Tandläkaren ligger ovanpå ett konditori.)

Anonymous said...

Men jösses!!! Stackare!!! Jag som tyckte att jag hade en hemsk dag... Hoppas att den temporära fyllningen håller i sig tills den görs i ordning ordentligt.

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare O_O I hope you get your tooth 'repaired' soon. Its weird.. tooths are small and so but when they are broken you feel really irritated and annoyed.

I look forward more foodblogging and kittenpics. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare O_O I hope you get your tooth 'repaired' soon. Its weird.. tooths are small and so but when they are broken you feel really irritated and annoyed.

I look forward more foodblogging and kittenpics. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare O_O I hope you get your tooth 'repaired' soon. Its weird.. tooths are small and so but when they are broken you feel really irritated and annoyed.

I look forward more foodblogging and kittenpics. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Det där är ju rätt ironiskt... en tandläkare ovanpå ett kondis som (kanske) börjar brinna vid chokladtillverkning... kanske försöker det berätta något?
Hoppas du känner dig bättre och att du inte har tandvärk! Tandvärk är så begränsande.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,

Poor thing. I hope you get that fixed soon and all this crappy day will become just an annecdote.

Have a good night Anne.

Ana María
(Dublin)

Anonymous said...

And I thought going to the dentist was traumatic enough... I probably would have had a panic attack or something right there on the lawn!

Hope you have a much better day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hey, the good thing is, you get to watch Gilmore Girls. :-) Hope you're feeling better now.

Justin said...

Hey, you have four lovely so cute cats in your home. I like cats a lot n appreciate your love n care for them.

Do check this out my new kitty friends

Anonymous said...

How dreadful. You know, living in California, I sometimes wonder what would happen to me in a dentist chair if an earthquake struck. I was once in a hairdresser's chair when it happened. It was not major but I had a chandelier of some sort directly above me! It swung! But getting your tooth done! Oh my.

I hope you are doing well.
Anna

The Öbergs said...

I hope you feel better soon - you are the second person today I have heard of getting a root canal. UGH!!

Anonymous said...

How awful! I'm glad you're alright. Sweet of Per to pick you up and console you. Do feel better soon!