Thursday, January 25, 2007

Linguini with Mushrooms, Spinach and Blue Cheese



This is a wonderful little recipe that I found in an issue of BBC Good Food. I've changed the quantities a bit, but the idea is the same. I love that it has just five ingredients - it's a really fresh and tasty flavor combination. Well worth trying!

Linguini with Mushrooms, Spinach and Blue Cheese
Serves 2

200 g linguini, I like wholewheat
70 g bacon, diced
150 g mushrooms, halved or quartered
100 g fresh baby spinach
75 g blue cheese, gorgonzola is nice

Boil the pasta in lightly salted water. Fry the bacon in a large saucepan until crispy, and add the mushrooms for a few minutes. When the pasta is done, drain it - but save some water! - and add it to the pan. Toss with the spinach and the cheese, until the cheese is all melted and the spinach has wilted. You might want to add a spoonful or two of pasta water to make it more saucy.

Recipe in Swedish:
Pasta med svamp, spenat och ädelost

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's LINGUINE, not linguini!!! and yes I'm Italian cuz only an italian can post a comment like this :))

Anonymous said...

looks great anne, but not a fan of blue cheese at all.. recommendations for an alternative?

greg
denvertvguy.com

Anne said...

Anonymous - oh, sorry :)

Greg - ah, how about goat's cheese then? I bet that'd be really good too.

Elizabeth said...

I just came in from the "Waiter There's Something In My... Stew" roundup. Oh my!!! Linguine with Mushrooms, Spinach and Blue Cheese looks wonderful.

-Elizabeth