Thursday, July 28, 2005

Goat Cheese Pasta with Lemon



Here's another really quick weekday meal, also from a UK food mag - probably Waitrose, but I can't remember for sure. It's simple, tasty and filling - and I'll be making it again. I've augmented quantities a bit, the original recipe was even heavier on the fats.

Goat Cheese Pasta with Lemon
Serves 2, generously

150 g dried pasta spirals
150 g chevre goat cheese, in two slices
15 g butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
peel of one lemon + 2 tbsp of lemon juice
50 g rocket

Turn the oven to "grill". Cook the pasta according to instructions. Grill the cheese for 4-5 minutes, it should melt a bit and bubble.

Melt butter and olive oil in a saucepan, fry the garlic gently. Add the lemon peel and juice. Toss with the pasta and the rocket, season with salt and pepper. Top with the melted cheese.

1 comment:

megret7 said...

Hi!
I have tagged you for a "Cook Next Door" meme. Hope you would like to participate! Just follow the link to my blog for the info and questions to give you an idea of what it's all about. I enjoy reading your blog!
- megret :)