Thursday, December 23, 2004

The night before christmas...

In Sweden, christmas is celebrated on the 24th, and not on Christmas Day as in many other countries. Christmas Day is generally spent on the couch in front of the tv, unless you have a lot of family to visit. Since we got Per's family covered after our little trip to Motala, we're planning on the couch. But, before we get to that, there's actually christmas - the 24th. Tomorrow.

We're having a slow breakfast, and after getting ready, we're off to my parents for a small birthday celebration for mom. Then, christmas lunch at my sister Åsa and her fiance Peter. (Who, and I have mentioned this before, is a very celebrated sushi chef. I don't expect sushi at the christmas table though.) Then back to my parents to open presents.

I really should write extensively about what we eat at christmas, but I don't have the energy as I just had a huge big plate full of christmas food. Suffice to say, it's a lot. And it's good. (Or at least the parts of it that I make - there's a lot of traditional food that I rather not eat.)

The trip to Motala, by the way, was a partial success. We had a good time, but unfortunately last night's dinner ended with Per's grandmother being picked up by an ambulance and rushed to the hospital. It's not completely clear, but she most likely suffered from a small stroke. She'll probably have to spend the holidays at the hospital.

No comments: