Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Food Shoppings



Stockholm has some very fun food stores, that I don't visit nearly enough. This trip yielded as you can see, stuff from Japan and America, plus an egg poaching device that I found half off at Debenhams. Which sucks, by the way.

Just tonight, I was on another shopping expedition with two other food bloggers, Kristina and Kinna! Kristina blogs in English, here, and Kinna in Swedish, here. I had a great time with them - we were at Hötorgshallen, and it was lovely to wander around all the food stalls, trying things and giving each other tips on favorites. Admittedly, I was a bit passive in that regard - I'm actually not very adventurous! But I picked up some lovely green raisins, dried strawberries (yum!!) and a lovely bag of lavender nougat. Will blog about that as soon as I try it!

Japanska Torget
Tegnérgatan 6
113 58 Stockholm

Gray's American Food Store
Odengatan 39
Stockholm

Hötorgshallen
Hötorget
Stockholm

4 comments:

Deetsa said...

Ahh... is that sour Skittles I spy?

Anne said...

Yes indeed! Very yummy! :) And *very* sour.

Antti said...

I wish they sold Splenda here in Finland... I got hooked on it in the states. The best sugar substitute, IMO.

Nice blog btw. Do you translate all your entries to English? That's something I've been thinking about myself, as there are so few people interested in reading food blogs in finlands. Feels such a waste to miss the whole English reading audience, not to mention all the possible interesting contacts whom can't read Finnish.

Anne said...

Antti, it's actually the other way around. I write in English all the time, and I just recently started translating some of the recipes into Swedish. It's so much fun to connect with people all over the world - and I also like how I get a chance to use my English, every day. :)