Friday, August 12, 2005

Near perfection - Vanilla Cinnamon Latte

It's Sugar High Friday again! This is the 11th edition, and it's hosted by Ronald from LoveSicily. My entry is.. a bit of a cheat really, it doesn't actually contain any sugar, and it's not much of a dessert either. I promise to make more of an effort next month. :)

Faithful readers know how much I love Starbucks. And how annoying that is, since we don't have Starbucks in Sweden. I did buy a bag of Starbucks beans last time I was near one, I haven't opened the bag yet though. I don't think it'll be the same. But oh well.

This cup of latte was very close to perfection for me. I usually don't drink coffee in the mornings, or even every day, but.. sometimes, it's needed. Like when I woke up with an entirely sore body after working out, having been stupid enough to book a spinning class the day after my very first BodyPump session. I could barely walk. But I could make it to the kitchen for this, thankfully.

So, what's in that big blue mug? (The mug, by the way, is from Åsa Klockars in Rättvik. Gorgeous pottery, I have several other pieces, all in her beautiful trademark turqouise.) It's a cup of homemade mocha from my mocha maker, mixed with a tablespoon of DaVinci sugarfree (with Splenda) vanilla syrup, about an ounce of fat-free milk heated and frothy, and a heavy sprinkle of cinnamon. I'll be making this many more times.

If you're looking for something sweeter, try my Cappuccino Cupcakes!


Jennifer said...

This looks wonderful! There is nothing better than sitting down to a great coffee drink and a stack of magazines or newspapers. Here's to enjoying coffee!

Ruth said...

I too love Starbucks. Fortunately for me they are everywhere in Toronto now. But years ago I discovered them in Vancouver when I went with my husband on business. After that he had to bring back beans with him whenever he went.

The Capuccino muffins look awesome.

boo_licious said...

Yum! I love Starbucks too and I am super lucky since I live round the corner from one so whenever I feel like a latte, I just pop in.

Jennifer said...

Those capuccino muffins look delicious - and this latte is making me want to take a trip down to Starbucks right now (5 minutes away - can't beat that!).

Thanks for joining in on SHF - hope to see you out again next month!