Saturday, March 16, 2019

Easy homemade kulfi





I LOVE kulfi - Indian ice cream with saffron, cardamom and pistachios. The traditional method is not that easy or quick - but my way is! Super easy! Prep takes all of five minutes but then you have to wait patiently for six hours or until fully frozen. 

I like to use small silicone cups for this, perfect size for single servings 

Easy kulfi 
Serves 6

1 can (400 g) sweetened condensed milk
200 ml heavy cream 
100 ml milk
1/2 g saffron (1 sachet)
1 tsp cardamom
Handful roasted but unsalted pistachios
Pinch of salt

Open the can of condensed milk. Stir in a bowl with cream, milk and the spices. Crush or finely chop the pistachios and add those. 

Divide between cups and freeze. 

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love kulfi, I will definitely be making this and I appreciate the suggestion of the small silicone cups as well.

aime parker said...

Yummy Recipe. I have tried many kulfi at home for kids and family, this one is a bit different. Will give it a try.