Monday, September 23, 2013

Quick dinner idea: Spiced Chicken Breasts



spicedchicken-avocado

Another quick dinner idea, that can be put together in minutes. Serve with anything really - I was in the mood for something light, so we made a salad from avocadoes, cucumber, tomatoes (homegrown!), red onion, lemon and lime juice and cilantro.

Spiced Chicken Breasts
serves 4

2 large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise to make four portions
4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp ground allspice (kryddpeppar in Swedish!)
2 tsp garlic powder
sakt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Mix sugar and all the spices into a rub. Rub both sides of the chicken, and fry in neutral cooking oil. Keep the heat fairly low, all the sugar makes it prone to burning. Make sure the chicken is cooked through though - I really recommend an instant thermometer.

3 comments:

JulesTheNorweegie said...

Mmmm I do like to add allspice to some dishes! The first bite always takes me by surprise with it being so fragrant and almost fruity! This looks delicious Anne :D X

Francesca Parise- In my sweet kitchen said...

Hello, I'm Francesc. I follow your blog for a long time, I like this recipe and will definitely be very good. Follow me too.

Random Revelry said...

I really like your blog. Love the dish!

http://randomrevelry.blogspot.com/