Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Potato Salad 2013

potatosalad2013

There are countless ways to make a potato salad, and I rarely follow a recipe. This was a really delicious one so I thought I'd better write down the recipe while I still remember it! Perfect with anything from the barbecue, or cold cuts. It's a real multi-tasker.

Potato Salad 2013

1 kg new potatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar (white balsamic is good if you have it) 
1-2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp capers
handful of black olives, coarsely chopped
5 cm (or so) piece of leek, finely sliced
150 g feta cheese
handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered

Peel and cook the potatoes until tender. Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, capers, olives and leek in a large bowl.

Cut the warm potatoes into quarters (or halve them if they're small) and toss them with the dressing. They seem to take up more dressing if they're still warm. Finally add in the cheese and tomatoes. 

2 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

I love potato salad - this looks like a particularly good one!

Pille said...

Hahaa - I love how you've added a year to the salad name :) While I do have my regular favourites, i often think of food in the same terms, like this is the "Apple cake 2012" etc.