Saturday, March 16, 2013

Raw Broccoli, Avocado & Feta Salad

Raw broccoli, feta, avocado

I didn't really know what to name this, but never mind, it's an awesome salad. The broccoli is raw, but "massaged" with lemon and lime juice to slightly soften it and (supposedly) make it a bit easier to digest. I just think it made it really bright and flavorful, and very delicious. Avocado seems to be in season, because all the ones I've bought lately (and I've bought many!) have been perfectly creamy. So of course, I added a couple. Feta cheese goes well in every salad, tomatoes add a little sweetness, cucumber adds cool crunch and cilantro is a no-brainer. Yum, yum, yum!

You could add some kind of nuts or seeds, too - I bet that would work very well.

Broccoli, Avocado & Feta Salad
serves 2-4-6 - it all depends, really...

250 g broccoli
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp olive oil
200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
2 avocados, diced
150 g feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
Large bunch cilantro, chopped

Cut the broccoli into small florets. If the stems are tough, peel them, and then slice very thinly. (Mine were pretty skinny to begin with so I just sliced them up.) Place in a large bowl, with the lemon and lime juice, and the olive oil. Now, "massage" the broccoli, which basically means squeeze it well, for a couple of minutes. When it feels properly softened (Honestly, I don't know if I saw a huge difference here...) add the other ingredients and toss.

1 comment:

Şifalı Bitkiler said...

I jut had it and it was awesome! Thank you for sharing!