Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gorgonzola Pork Tenderloin


filledporktenderloin

Well. I know, I don't update much, and I definitely don't write much about food or recipes. Hang in there, I hope things will change soon. I'm less than two weeks from delivering our second baby, and while I definitely don't mind being pregnant, I've gotten an epic sinus infection that makes life incredibly miserable. No sense of smell or taste, and thus no enjoyment of food whatsoever... But I sure hope it'll pass soon. 

Meanwhile, I have a lot of old posts to catch up on. Some, unfortunately, so old that I've forgotten exactly what I did. This however was easy. It's just pork tenderloin, stuffed with blue cheese (which is generally not ok for pregnant women to eat, in Sweden, but it's fine if you heat it sufficiently) and then wrapped in parma ham. (Same there, safe if heated.) 

It's very flavorful, and delicious. We served it with bulgur wheat, cooked with tomato purée and a hefty dose of balsamic vinegar. Some finely chopped red bellpepper, and red onion stirred in, and that's that.

Gorgonzola Pork Tenderloin
serves 4

600 g pork tenderloin
150 g gorgonzola cheese
80-100 g parma ham
salt, pepper

Clean the tenderloin, and cut a deep score along the long side. Season the entire tenderloin with salt and pepper. Stuff the meat with gorgonzola. Wrap the whole thing with parma ham, and place seam-side down in a roasting pan. Bake at 175-200°C for about 20 minutes. Make sure the meat is cooked through to your liking, before serving. 

Recipe in Swedish: 

4 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

I think when I first found your blog you weren't even pregnant with the first one yet! How time has flown. This looks like a very delicious meal - I love blue cheese and pork together!

Pille said...

Sounds like a winner, Anne!

John K said...

Hej Anne, I hope you feel better. I've had upper respiratory infections and I remember how awful they were. Krya på dig. John.

aimee said...

This sounds fabulous! I LOVE almost anything that has blue cheese as one of the ingredients.
Hope you are back to feeling well soon:)
Blessings, Aimee