Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday bookmarks, January 19

Yes, this is how boring my office window view is at the moment. At least it's sunny!

I've gone through all starred posts in my Google Reader and transferred them to bookmarks, so I have a LOT of new bookmarks. Too many to tell you about - but you can find all of them, as usual, here.

So, what's caught my eye this past week? Well, let's start with a few things that would make any weekend breakfast special! Orangette is a perpetual favorite, and her recipe for fresh ginger muffins is certainly no exception. Those muffins are originally by Marion Cunningham, who's not known to me but apparently the author of something called The Breakfast Book. And she's known for her raised waffles, who the Amateur Gourmet recently wrote about. For something less sweet, I can imagine making these Mini Breakfast Strata by Modern Comfort Food to have stashed in the freezer - perfect for a quick breakfast or snacktime. And if you don't really like eggs in the morning, how about chocolate granola? That's from La Tartine Gourmande, always a gorgeous blog.

One of the first food blogs I read was Chocolate & Zucchini. It remains a favorite, and she's written so lovingly about Vanilla Oat Milk Tapioca pudding, I can't wait to try it despite not usually loving that sort of texture. (I'll probably use regular milk, though.) Baking Bites is another one of my favorite blogs, and I have probably 30 recipes from her bookmarked already. That didn't stop me from bookmarking her lovely Lighter Authentic New York Cheesecake, that actually looks somewhat healthy! And for our last bookmark today, check out these intriguingly named Om Nom Bombs! They're full of peanut butter, crispy brown rice cereal, coconut, almonds, cherries... Delicious.

2 comments:

Zazuza said...

I also read Chocolate & Zucchini! and for sure I'll check out the other blogs too! thanks for the tips!

Barbara @ Modern Comfort Food said...

What a pleasure to discover your wonderful blog, Anne. I feel honored to receive such a kind mention from you here!