Sunday, August 29, 2010

Garden Veg Pasta

gardenvegpasta

Sometimes it seems I mostly post about baking, and desserts. It's not that that's all I eat, but I think I don't try as much new food as I did before - mostly because I don't have much time (nor the energy) to cook a lot at the moment. I'm sure it'll be back to normal eventually.

And I do try SOME new things. Like this lovely pasta that I found in BBC Good Food recently! It's deliciously lemony (I read the comments on the site saying that it was much too lemony, so I used less than the original recipe) and creamy. And fast, too - definitely a bonus.

Garden Veg Pasta
(printable recipe)
Serves 2, generously

200 g pasta
1 broccoli stand, divided into small florets
1 small zucchini, diced
75 g sugar snap peas
1/2 tbsp olive oil
100 g cream cheese
2 tbsp parmesan, grated
1/2 lemon - zest and juice
basil, a good handful, shredded
salt, pepper

Boil the pasta in lighty salted water. When three minutes remain of the cooking time, add the broccoli and the sugar snap peas and let them cook along.

Meanwhile, fry the zucchini in the oil. When the pasta is nearing completion, add a ladleful of the pastawater to the frying pan, along with the cream cheese, parmesan, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir until you have a nice smooth sauce. Drain the pasta and vegetables, and add them to the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, and finally add the basil.

Recipe in Swedish

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This ounds great, I think I might try something like it this week.

Puglette said...

yummy!! and so easy too. do you think goat cheese could be substituted for the cream cheese? this would make a good picnic salad.
thank you for sharing!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Anne said...

Puglette, as long as you use a fairly creamy goat's cheese, I think it'd be delicious! :)

Kate said...

Does the oil in the sauce make it greasy and could you sauté the zucchini instead of frying it?

Anne said...

Kate, the sauce isn't greasy at all. I think what I call frying is indeed sautéing - using a pan, and a little oil? Ah, the wonders of linguistics.. :)

nic said...

Yum, this looks fab! Quick and easy. Will give it a go next week! :) x

AR said...

Mmmm, part healthy, looks yumii :)