Monday, September 28, 2009

Chicken Marsala Pasta

pastamarsalakyckling

This is a recipe for my friend Linda in Gothenburg. She has a favorite pasta dish from her local take-out, and I tried it when I was there. It really was delicious, and this is my attempt (over a year later) to re-create it. It might not be just like the original, but it's very tasty!

Chicken Marsala Pasta
(printable recipe)
Serves 3-4

400 g boneless chicken thighs
1/2 lemon - zest and juice
black pepper
salt
100 g mushrooms, in small pieces
1 garlic clove, minced
butter
50 ml marsala wine
250 ml cream
freshly grated parmesan
1-2 fresh tomatoes, diced

Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and mix with lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Leave for half an hour.

Fry with mushrooms and garlic in butter. When the chicken is just about cooked through, add some marsala wine and let it reduce for a few minutes. Add cream and let it cook for a few more minutes.

Meanwhile, boil some pasta, drain and mix with the sauce. Add grated parmesan and fresh tomatoes, and serve right away.

Recipe in Swedish:
Kycklingpasta med marsalavin

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love pasta and this recipe seems very tasty

Linda said...

THANK YOU so much for posting this Anne!!!!! I cannot wait to try it!

Anne said...

Linda, I really hope you like it! :)

Pille said...

I'm bookmarking this! Sounds delicious and quick (and thus perfect for mummies with young babies :))

Linda said...

I did- I loved it!!!!!

Anne said...

So happy to hear it!! :)

Pokergirl said...

Lovely! We added some extra garlic and chili flakes and boiled broccoli together with the pasta. Really nice dinner!

Pokergirl said...

Lovely! We added some extra garlic and chili flakes and boiled broccoli together with the pasta. Really nice dinner!

Anonymous said...

And so simple that even I might be able to do it.