Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A thoughtful gift of tea

tekopp-pappa

My dad gave me a great birthday present this year. It was quite unexpected, as dad usually leaves the giftshopping to mom, but it was pretty spectacular! See, he had been on a trip to Gotland (Sweden's largest island) with some friends, and decided to drop into Kränku which is a pretty famous tea store. There, he got me the gorgeous cup with sheep you see above, and five of their signature teas.

te-pappa-2

And as if that wasn't enough, he went out to get five nice glass jars, labeled them and filled them with the teas. I was really touched by his effort! The tea is great by the way - number 2, which is Kalkstensdrömmar ("Chalkstone Dreams") is my very favorite. And - every morning I'm reminded of how much my dad cares about me, and that's the best part of all.

te-pappa-1

7 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

That is such a sweet cup! I like the sheep and it is a lovely shape. What a great gift your dad gave you!

nonizamboni said...

The cup is great and isn't it nice to know you can never outgrow Dad's love for his daughter?!

Jeanne said...

What a lovely story - and I WANT that sheep cup!

Dagmar said...

That was so sweet of your father.

Y said...

What a great gift from your dad! That sheep cup is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift from your father. I love that he went ahead and got such cute little jars for them as well. Its like having your own cafe!

Anonymous said...

Så gulligt av honom! Tea is wonderful as a gift, fun to give and fun to recieve and comes in all price ranges for bigger and smaller occasions, imho. :)