Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our favorite olives

olive with pepinillo

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about our favorite olives in Spain, from the market: they're stuffed with a tiny pepinillo, known here under their French name, cornichons. It's a tiny pickled cucumber, and it's very tasty - either on its own, or.. well, stuffed into an olive. Not bad at all!

I'm not really a big olive fan, but I'm getting better! And olives in Spain are delicious, somehow much more so than the ones I get at home. It must be something about leisurely picking at tiny morsels of cheese, ham and pickles, with a glass of wine.. it's just vacation for me. Doing the same at home, well, it's just not the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that looks disgusting. I too am not a fan of olives and I don't see stuffing...that in the middle making it more appetizing.

I guess I'll keep looking for something that makes olives appealing to me :(

Amelia Ames said...

I adore olives of all kinds. I am also very very much wishing I was in Spain eating delicious food.

Anne said...

Fatbastard, I totally agree with the looks. Good thing they taste so much better than they look! :)

Feline Flodin said...

Alltså, den där olivcornichonen ser rätt obscen ut. ;D Men jag gillar cornichoner, så kanske det är gott, även om jag föredrar oliver av svart variant. :)