Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mackmyra Preludium - complete!

preludium06

I am now the proud owner of six bottles of Mackmyra Preludium. They have been slowly released, one edition at a time, for the past year and a half. It's been quite a process - it means six early mornings at the local Systembolaget (Sweden has state-regulated liquor stores) and waiting in lines for a long time. Has it been worth it? Well, frankly... I have no clue what to do with these. Drink them? Well. See. Mackmyra is a very young whisky. It is the only Swedish malt whisky, which is what makes it special, but that doesn't mean that it tastes good. I've tried some of them and.. um, no. The later bottles are drinkable. But I think I'll keep the collection unopened for now, and see what happens later on.

You can read all about Mackmyra whisky here.

No comments: