Sunday, March 18, 2007

Unconventional Pasta Sauce

kottfarsrora

I know, the combinations here sound so weird. Carrots? Bacon? Cinnamon? Wine? Cream? Well. Give it a try! I promise - it's really very tasty. It came to life one night when I was going to do a long cooked pasta sauce, but decided that I was way too hungry to wait. This is perfect - almost instant gratification, but with tons of flavour.

I use light cream here, you can use full-fat or lighter versions as you wish. I haven't tried, but I'm sure this would be more than fine with crème fraîche, too.

Unconventional Pasta Sauce
Serves 3-4

400 g minced beef
100 g bacon
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1 yellow onion
2 carrots
100 ml white wine
250 ml cream
salt
pepper
optional - a tiny dash of balsamic vinegar and/or worcestershiresauce

Dice bacon and onions, and grate the carrots coarsely. Fry the bacon with onion and cinnamon, and add the beef. Fry until browned, then add the carrots and white wine. Let the wine cook in completely, then add the cream. Let cook for 5-10 minutes, while waiting for your pasta to finish cooking. Season with salt, pepper, some balsamic vinegar if you wish, or a dash of worcestershiresauce. Serve with freshly cooked pasta.

Recipe in Swedish:
Köttfärsröra med bacon och morot

5 comments:

Kinna Jonsson said...

This sounds really good and I don't think the combinations are weird.

Anonymous said...

Bacon, cinnamon and cream is a fantastic combination.

Andreea said...

this sounds really good. i like the unconventional take on pasta. will have to give a try.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I don't think it sounds weird at all. I LOVE cinnamon with meat. It sounds delicious :)

Anonymous said...

I would add a Snickers bar to the mix.