Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Two eating experiences

lunchlillacafe

I apologize for the not so great pictures - both were taken with a tiny camera, on location. The first one is from a very nice little café, called exactly that - "Lilla Café", where I had lunch with my mom a few weeks ago. I had a grilled foccaccia sandwich with olives and feta cheese, and a latte. As you can see, the latte came with a heart, and a small cookie. Lovely. Can't wait to go back. (It's at Wollmar Yxkullsgatan, I *think* number three. They were just recently opened, and didn't have any business cards.)

plock cafeopera

This photo, on the other hand, shows what I had at a buffet at Café Opera, one of the fanciest nightclubs in Stockholm with a normally very good kitchen. (Shared with Operakällaren, one of the finest restaurants.) We were at a movie premiere - Per works in that line of business - and it was all very cool. Except for the food. Which was just cold, and rather boring. Oh well.

2 comments:

Waspgoddess said...

Never thought much of Cafe Opera, and now you have just confirmed my suspicions.

On a different note, I made some semlor this weekend, thanks for the links (have a look on my blog to see a black and white version of them, not a good shot, but very delicious semlor).

goddess said...

What a beautiful blog! (your kitten is pretty cute too!) I just came across your site & am looking forward to reading it all!