Saturday, November 11, 2006

Easy Lemon Ice Cream



Not the most sophisticated of ice creams, it's still delicious, and it can be made without an ice cream maker. Just four ingredients! I learned this from Lena, who made this for our 13-course dinner almost a year ago. (Posted about it here!)

Easy Lemon Ice Cream

2 tbsp lemon juice (or more, for stronger flavor)
2 egg yolks
150 ml powdered sugar
200 ml whipping cream (heavy cream)

Mix lemon with sugar and egg yolks in a small bowl. Beat the cream until it holds stiff peaks, and fold in the lemon mixture. Freeze in a bowl, several small bowls, or into hollowed-out lemons like Lena did. Freeze for at least four hours.

Recipe in Swedish:
Citronglass

7 comments:

Lena said...

Oh.. I had totally forgotten about that wonderful ice cream. Thank you Anne for reminding me. I have to make it soon its just so yummy.

KrakelSpektakel said...

Citronglass låter mycket godare än isig, tråkig sorbet.

Anonymous said...

I shall certainly try this (WITH an ice-cream maker) although I'm sure it won't look half as good without those cool heart-shaped bowls...

Anne said...

Lena - no, thank YOU. This really is a great reciep!

Shelly - it could indeed be called a semifreddo. It's softer than most semifreddos I've tried though - edible straight out of the freezer.

Krakelspektakel - absolut! :)

Onemorehandbag - I love these bowls! They're oven-proof ramekins, made by Le Creuset. They're a bit on the big side for some desserts (like crème brulée) but perfect for ice cream.

Barbara said...

You may want to delete the above comment. This person is going around to many other food blogs leaving the exact same comments. In my book, that's spam.

By the way, Great blog!

Anne said...

Thank you Barbara! Yes, I'm not very fond of spam either, so I usually remove it. Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, sorry for my last post! I'm just looking for people who may be interested. ANYWAY this is still an interesting blog and gives me some good ideas so I'll stick around and see whats here...