Sunday, March 19, 2006

Mystery recipe: Baked Potato Soup



Another recipe that I tried and thought I'd remember long enough to write down. Apparently not! But I'll tell you the basics - I started with butter and flour, added milk, got a sauce base. Added lots of baked potato flesh, and, I'm fairly sure, onions and garlic. I stirred in more milk, and a dollop of creme fraiche that I had handy, add finished with some shredded cheese and thin strips of ham. Good, but not exceptional.

Oh well. This is a miserable weekend, by the way. We're showing our apartment - yes, we're moving in late spring, more on that later - and we've been cleaning, cleaning and cleaning some more. In the middle of this... cleaning frenzy... I've managed to catch strep throat. It hurts like you wouldn't believe. The only thing I want to eat is ice cream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krya på dig!

Mvh/
Veronica

Anonymous said...

Forgetting recipes... I'm an expert!
I bought a small notebook that I keep in the kitchen, and write things down immediately (when I remember to do that!).
It's amazing to look back and read about ideas I had and things I cooked a month ago or so - and have forgotten all about!

Anonymous said...

I love your mystery recipes because I do the same thing! I am just not used to having to share my recipes so I cook a meal and reach the end thinking, Oh God, how much of that did I use?

Sorry to hear you were sick...I also just spent a week sick and it stunk!

Anne said...

Happy to hear I'm not the only one who's a bit absent-minded sometimes :) And thanks for the well-wishes! :)