Saturday, November 19, 2005

Café Brulé



Ok, is this a great idea or what? I got it from Jennifer over at Taste Everything Once. Apparently, a cool coffee shop she frequents serves this. For a gadget-laden girl like myself, it sounded perfect. And what better way to try out my cool Turboflame?

Unfortunately, I didn't have the right kind of sugar at hand the first time, and had to use damp brown sugar where I would have preferred larger brown crystals. It was still delicious! So, what to do? Brew yourself a cup of espresso, or regular strong coffee if you prefer that. Steam milk - an espresso machine comes in REAL handy here, but you could use a microwave or a stove and a very good whisk - into a fairly stiff foam. Pour over the coffee, sprinkle the sugar crystals over the foam and blitz away with your tiny torch! Yeah!


Oh, can't resist posting a close-up.. isn't it pretty?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No points for your latte art :D but I imagine it being extremely tasty. I might find me a blow torch and give it a go.

Elin said...

This is my vote for the next Nobel Prize...

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! It really is an remarkable idea and such a clever pun.

Lori said...

This is nice, Anne. :)