Monday, April 25, 2005

Another take on Asparagus

We had a big lunch yesterday, at MAX - one of the most popular Swedish hamburger chains. It's not great food, but it's ok. And they have a burger called Ultimate Cheese with melted nacho cheese on it. Mm. That is really good, actually. (But next time, I think I'll ask them to hold the mayo and ketchup on it - nothing to interfere with the cheese, thanks.)

After that, we went shopping for groceries. Neither of us were in the mood for a big dinner, so when we found green, bright bunches of fresh asparagus on sale, we nodded our heads and put them in our cart. Now, we had roasted asparagus just the other night.. so how to make these a bit different? Luckily, I remembered a recent post by the Amateur Gourmet, Adam. He put fried bacon and crumbled goat's cheese on his roasted asparagus. Perfect! I took this opportunity to experiment with frying bacon in the microwave (so-so) and crumbed the results liberally over the asparagus. Added some chevre - and that was that. It disappeared faster than I could take a picture - sorry. Next time, I think I'll add some plump cherry tomatoes, too.

No comments: