Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Linguini with Chicken



Untitled

I haven't written so much about my InstantPot, mostly because I'm busy loving and using it. I've been really wanting to get my recipes in order, before posting about them, since it's a fairly exact science.

So, this pasta recipe is one of my kids favorites and often requested. Not all pasta works well in the IP, as it's easily overcooked and mushy, but linguini works very well. I'll give two different measurements here, depending on how many you are, but it's really only a variation in garlic, pasta and water, I use the same amounts of everything else.

As you can tell from the photos, I  like to eat this with sautéed broccoli (not made in the IP). The kids prefer it plain.

Untitled

Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Linguini with Chicken
Serves 3-5 (larger amounts in parenthesis below)

to cook:
pat of butter
1 (2) garlic cloves, finely minced
350 (500) g linguini, broken in half
700 (1000) ml water + 1 cube vegetable stock (or just the same amount of stock, depending on how you like to cook)
dash of Vegeta, my favorite little crutch in the kitchen these days
350 g chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
salt, pepper

to finish:
handful of grated parmesan
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
100 ml cream

Place your InstantPot on sauté and melt the butter. Let the garlic fry until fragrant. Press cancel on the IP and add linguini, water, stock cube and vegeta. Place the chicken on top, add salt and pepper. Seal your Instant Pot and cook for 5 minutes on high pressure. Let the IP natural release for 5 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure.

Stir in parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice and cream. Either serve right away, or if it looks a  little runny, sauté for a few minutes.




No comments: