Monday, November 26, 2018

Orange, feta, pistachio salad





This is the best thing I’ve eaten in quite a while! I’ve been stuck in a rut, making the same dishes over and over again, for a long time now. Very little time and very little energy. Then I saw a salad with oranges, feta, pistachios and avocado in a magazine and that inspired me to get in the kitchen.

Sure, it’s not cooking as much as assembling. But flavor wise  this will deliver. I ate this with some thinly sliced Serrano ham on the side. It would stand up well on its own, or be a perfect side dish for the holidays. 

Orange, feta & pistachio salad
Serves 1-2

2 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced 
1 avocado, diced
70 g feta cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
Small handful of raspberries 
Black pepper

Layer in a large salad plate. Finish with grinding of black pepper. 



No comments: