Tuesday, August 16, 2016

What we ate in London

Untitled

I'm back to work after a long summer vacation! Among many other things, me and my husband spent a few days in London. It was our first trip away from the kids, and we enjoyed having some time to ourselves. And we really enjoyed the food. Some of the highlights:

Egg and bacon naan roll from Dishoom. (top photo) Easily the best breakfast I've ever had. I've tried to recreate it at home, and came up with a good alternative - will post that in a few days. But if you're ever near a Dishoom - go get it.

Untitled

Untitled

We went to see Wicked - wonderful show! We had a quick dinner beforehand at Zizzi. I had a salad since it was so warm weather - it was nothing special, but I loved the fruity cooler with strawberries, raspberries and mint and a great dessert with lemon sorbet, meringue crunch and mascarpone cream. Delicious!

Untitled

We also ate at Wagamama. Always a quick and inexpensive option. I had Duck Donburi if I recall correctly. Per had a big steaming bowl of ramen.

Untitled

Shake shack! No, this trip was not about haute cuisine. That's not really my thing.

Untitled

Cha Cha Moon was completely new to me. We wanted a quick lunch before heading to the airport and this really suited us well. I had the Thai Crunch Salad which was very good, and Per had Singapore Noodles. Fast service, tasty food and very reasonable prices.

Untitled

There are, of course, thousands of restaurants in London. What are your favorites?

No comments: