Thursday, October 16, 2014

Caramelized Pineapple, creamy caramel sauce, salted peanuts

Untitled

I had some new friends over for dinner the other day. I wanted to make a simple but fun dessert, and something adaptable - I wasn't sure what they would like. So, I began with vanilla ice cream - always a favorite. Popular with the kids, too. I bought some, but you could certainly make your own. I have recipes for vanilla ice cream here, and here.

I then made a batch of Creamy Caramel Sauce. An eternal favorite, and so simple to make.

I chopped up some salted peanuts.

And then, for the actual cooking part - I took a fresh pineapple and cut into wedges. I fried them in a pat of butter and with a sprinkling of dark muscovado sugar, for about 2-3 minutes on each side.

Absolutely delicious - I highly recommend this.

No comments: