Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Congrats Klas Lindberg!


Klas Lindberg is Årets Kock - Chef of the Year - 2012! He's actually the only one of the six finalists I have met, as I was lucky enough to cook with him right before Christmas. He's a super nice guy, and I was definitely rooting for him today.

I was at the competition for a few hours today, and went to a pretty interesting seminar about Sweden as a culinary country. Nordic cuisine is very popular right now, and no doubt we have some brilliant fine dining restaurants - but we also have a lot of mediocre or downright bad food, and that needs to change.

Another thing that needs to change.. where are all the female chefs? All six finalists this year were male, and a vast majority of the jury, too. I hope to discuss this further, as I find it pretty sad - I'm sure there are excellent female chefs around, and I want to see more of them.

No comments: