Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pork tenderloin with mushrooms

flaskfilegryta-1101

Here's a quick and easy dish that's perfect if you happen to have some leftover uncooked meat. I had pork tenderloin, so that's what I used, but you could use beef instead if you'd prefer. You can serve it with anything - potatoes or rice would be easy choices, but I wouldn't mind a good pasta either.

As you can see, this was so tasty I had to photograph the leftovers. Sorry. What can I say, I was hungry!

Pork tenderloin with mushrooms
serves 3-4

300 g pork tenderloin, in small dice
300 g mushrooms, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tbsp dry sherry
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
1-2 tsp soy sauce
200 ml cream
Salt, pepper
Fresh oregano
oil for frying

Brown the meat in some oil. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic, and fry until the meat is nearky cooked through.

Add the sherry and let it reduce for a minute or two on high heat. Add concentrated chicken stock, soy sauce and cream and cook for a few minutes,. Season with salt, pepper and fresh oregano.

Recipe in Swedish:
Fläskfilégryta med champinjoner

3 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Anne!
I was just looking around for a waffle recipe for International Waffle Day this year and I thought of you. Are you doing a post?

Your blog looks as delightful as ever. Drop by when you get a chance.

Thanks for sharing this recipe. It sounds yummy!!!

Anne said...

hi! Oh, I think so - I'll try making my own batter this year and have a recipe planned. I probably won't get around to actually posting it tomorrow, knowing me, but I'll try :)

~~louise~~ said...

Oh you're so sweet Anne. I would love to see it when ever you get to post it. I know you've mentioned Waffle Day before on your blog but I was wondering, is there more history to the celebration? Does it have anything to do with Lady Day?

Just let me know and I'll include your link and if you like a picture if you include one.