Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baguette French Toast

baguette-frenchtoast

This is a rather luxurious breakfast, but it's perfect if you happen to have a stale baguette around. Just whisk a couple of eggs - I used about two, and about 250 ml of milk (that's one cup). Add a tablespoon of sugar, a lot of cinnamon, and perhaps a dash of vanilla extract. Dip the baguette slices, let them soak for just a little, then fry in butter. I like to add a little extra sugar on top of the slices before frying - it caramelizes, and gives a very crispy surface. (however, it obviously also adds sweetness.)

Serve with maple syrup, and if you'd like, a dollop of crème fraîche is perfect.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh yum that looks so good. I often have leftover baguette, I'll have to remember to do this next time.

megha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megha said...

wow,i saw all ur recipes,they are amazing.do visit and comment on my food blog also.its newly started.my blog is meghasyummyfooddelight.blogspot.com