Monday, February 15, 2010

French Toast

fattigariddare

I know it's Monday, but sometimes you need a little bit of luxury during the weeks as well. French toast is really easy to make, and a perfect way to brighten up a morning. Serve with maple syrup, and maybe some sliced bananas and walnuts. Anything you want, really!

French Toast

(printable recipe)
serves 2

4 slices of bread
2 eggs
75 ml milk
2 tsp cinnamon
sugar
butter

Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon in a bowl. Add one slice of bread at a time, and let it soak for a few seconds on each side.

Heat butter in a pan. If you'd like, sprinkle a little bit of sugar on the bread just before you fry them. Fry for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup.

Recipe in Swedish:
Fattiga Riddare

4 comments:

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

Hej Anne

How strange...Guess what my boys had for breakfast this morning?
Yep french toast, but in our house we call it 'eggy bread' and serve it with Heinz tomato ketchup, another way to 'start the day on an egg'. An old english advertising slogan.
Have a good week
Julie x

Amy said...

I spent 6 wks in Stockholm last summer with some friends, and one of the best breakfasts we had there was French toast we made with Uto bread. Still wish there was a way to get this bread in the US!

Food and Fate said...

I like to sprinke cinnamon, raisins and warm slices of apples with maple syrup!

savvygreenmom said...

Oh my - I sooo love french toast! I don't think waffles or pancakes stand a chance against a good piece of french toast lol! Actually, a few weeks ago, our family tried Kamut Khorasan Wheat pancakes for the first time and they were wonderful. Now if only I could make my own bread using Kamut flour for french toast - oh this would be so grand! Thanks for sharing your recipe :) Now I am hungry!