Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Linda's Cinnamon Chicken

lindaskanelkyckling

Who's Linda? And why am I posting about her cinnamon chicken? Well, Linda is the chef at Per's workplace. He's incredibly lucky - it's not a big company, but they have their own restaurant, and their own chef. She makes them delicious lunches every day - and when I am really lucky, she sends home leftovers for me. One of my favorites is this cinnamon chicken, and last time I ate there I begged her for the recipe. She gave me this rather rough sketch - but it really is all you need, it turned out great when I tried it.

You need to start by marinating the chicken overnight. Or you could skip that, I suppose, - but it's definitely better.

Linda's Cinnamon Chicken

Marinated chicken breasts, cubed or cut into strips, in olive oil, minced garlic, finely chopped fresh chili and cinnamon over night. When you're ready to cook dinner, fry the chicken until done, and place in an oven-proof dish.

Next, fry olive oil, minced garlic, finely chopped fresh chili and cinnamon for a few minutes. Add some cream or crème fraîche, season with salt, and let it cook into a nice sauce. Pour it over the chicken, and place in a hot oven - 225°C - for about 15 minutes. Serve with rice and toasted pine nuts.

Recipe in Swedish:
Lindas kanelkyckling

3 comments:

Lena said...

Ooo... that sounds great, I have to try it.

Dagmar said...

Sounds delicious. I'm so hungry that I could have it right now for breakfast! :-)

/ t. joey said...

I made this for my dinner guests tonight. It was incredible. They loved it and I was so happy to serve them this really unique recipe. I couldn't do the sour cream sauce because one of my guests was allergic to dairy but I'll try that next time just for me.