Monday, November 03, 2008

Oh My... Wow!

We made it to the finals!! Remember how I told you a few weeks ago that Dagmar, Lena and I were competing in "Home Cook of the year", a big cooking competition hosted by Tasteline which is an online food community? Well - we are now one of four finalists! This means we'll be cooking our "Stockholm Chili" live, for a jury! It's very exciting, but we're all quite nervous!

So, what's a Stockholm chili? Well, it's basically meat, chili and.. coca-cola! We're serving it with oven-dried smokey tomatoes, and lavash crackers made from spelt wheat. I will definitely give you the recipe, but I don't want to post it yet since I don't have a good photo. You can find it in Swedish here, though.

November 13 is the day when we'll need all your positive thoughts sent our way!

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! I hope you'll beat them all. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Åhh va spännande & stort grattis! Jätteroligt ju och jag håller tummarna stenhårt för att ni ska vinna! Lycka till nu!

Anonymous said...

Grattis och lycka till!
Carol i Wisconsin

Krokofanten said...

Lycka till jag håller tummarna!!!

Unknown said...

Very exciting!!!! I will hold my thumbs or as they say here in North America cross my fingers! I am sure you guys will knock the socks of them all!!!! LYCKA TILL!

Abby said...

Good luck! I've never cooked in front of anyone and have never competed. I'll be back to see how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

Lycka till!
Valeria

Daniel Roos said...

Det kommer gå jätte bra bara att köra på Anne. Lycka till

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You'll do great.

Annika said...

Lycka till! Håller tummarna för er och ert bidrag!

Terese said...

GRATTIS!!! Inte för att jag blir särskilt överraskad. Klarar knappt att gå in på din blogg utan att magen börjar kurra. Du är G-R-Y-M! /Terese www.sparkibaken.se

Jeanne said...

Oh wow Anne - thats' awesome news!! And the dish sounds amazing... Can't wait for you to post it. And will be holding thumbs on the 13th!

Kinna Jonsson said...

I am soo glad for you and will cross my fingers. Good luck!

somewhere_smiling said...

Wow! Good luck Anne - I enjoy your food just by reading it so I'm sure you'll win when someone gets to taste it :)