Monday, June 30, 2008

Me-Me Time!

I got tagged for meme by Katie of Apple & Spice, and for once, I'm not going to dawdle. Let's get to it!

1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE?
Made of Honor. Cute chick-flick, which I enjoyed with my girlfriends. Next one will most likely be Sex and the City, with the same girls.

2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING?
Romancing the Dead by Tate Hallaway. I really, really like these books - they're cute girlie novels crossed with vampire-Buffyish-wicca-novels. Really amusing, the writer is great and expresses herself so well. She blogs, too! Also reading a Swedish crime novel in my PalmPilot. (Yes, I still have one.)

3) FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Illuminati and Settlers of Catan. But Trivial Pursuit is great fun, too.

4) FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
BBC Good Food.

5) FAVORITE SMELLS?
Warm summer rain.

6) FAVORITE SOUNDS?
The patter of tiny kitten paws racing through the room. And the front door slamming shut when my husband gets home.

7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
I'm particularly averse to loneliness.

8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
Honestly, it's always about going to the bathroom.

9) FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
Taco Bell. Yes, really. No, we don't have it here. I probably wouldn't love it half as much if I could eat it regularly. Of the ones we actually do have? I like McDonalds. (Shoot me now.)

10) FUTURE CHILDS NAME?
Not telling!

11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D......
build a great house with a wonderful kitchen. And not work. I'd volunteer, and be active in politics, but I wouldn't work, exactly.

12) DO U DRIVE FAST?
No. I'm a cautious driver. Too cautions, thinks my husband.

13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
Umm, well, ehhh.. I have a stuffed cat very close by, yes.

14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY?
Both.

15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
A silver Saab. We named it The Flash.

16) FAVORITE DRINK?
Water. And lots of Pepsi Max. For alcohol, I like many wines and some whiskies.

17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…
sleep more.

18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
Yep!

19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
Dark brown with caramel highlights. I have naturally red hair and it's almost impossible to dye. (Everything washes right out.)

20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
Saltsjöbaden outside of Stockholm where I was born.
Long Beach, California, for one year as a high school exchange student.
Linkoping, Sweden, where I went to university.
Nacka, outside of Stockholm, which is where I live now.

21) FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Live, I don't mind hockey or basketball. On tv, I hate just about anything. The Olympic Games are somewhat ok though.

22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Katie has a delicious blog with yummy recipes, pretty pictures, and excellent writing! And she's a fellow Daring Baker, of course :)

23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
Dust.

24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN??
Yes.

25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL?
Morning. I don't do late nights.

26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Sunny side up. The yolk is the best part.

27) FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX?
At home in general, I love my house.

28) FAVORITE PIE?
Cherry.

29) FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Häagen-Dazs Strawberry. Or anything homemade.

30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
I'm not tagging anyone - but if you feel like answering these questions, please do, and leave a link to it in the comment section :)

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm with you all the way on that No. 8. I'm a 60-year-old and you're a young adult... I think it must just be teenagers who can wake up in the morning and lay there daydreaming about who-knows-what. The minute the rest of us wake up enough to have an actual thought, there's really only one thought. I gotta pee!! Ha.

Jessica said...

Oh I went to Linköping too, technical uni. Great school.

Katie said...

Thanks for doing the meme. I loved your favourtie sounds answer: tiny kitten paws running - thats so cute.

Farmgirl Susan said...

Hi Anne!
This was really fun to read. Just stopped by to with you a Happy 4th of July (and see if you had posted about your food plans yet) - I know you like to celebrate it! ; )

xo

Anne said...

Susan, you're totally right :) We're having a party tomorrow - potluck style, so I don't know the menu for sure. I'm making mini-burgers and cole slaw, and cornbread.. and probably brownies. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, cherry pie! Would you happen to have a recipe...?

Anne said...

Oh I wish I did have a good cherry pie recipe... sorry!

Jeanne said...

LOL - Taco Bell!! I also love it, but as you say I probably wouldn't if we actually had them in this country...