Thursday, June 14, 2007

Homegrown Radishes


I'm not very much of a gardener, but I did try growing my own radishes this year! And with great success, I might add. it turned out to be super simple, I just poked little seeds into a big pot and a few weeks later - voila!


My favorite way to eat them is raw with a bit of butter and salt.


Wendy said...

It's my first year of growing too. Can't help but stare at my veg patch in amazement. My intention was obviously to grow food but I don't think I seriously expected it to work!

Holler said...

I have never seen such red radishes!
I may try them next year, which variety did you plant?

winedeb said...

Good job Anne! Lovely! I buttered bread, sliced the radishes and added salt and pepper! Oh Yum!

Anne said...

Wendy, that's exactly how I feel :)

Holler - good question.. hm. I'll see if I still have the packet. Red globe or something like that? I'm awfully organized, as you can hear ;)

Winedeb - ooh, yes :)

Glenna said...

VEry cute. I love container gardening. No fuss. No muss. No weeding. Congrats.