Thursday, May 10, 2007

Peanut Nougat

peanutnougat

Yes, yes, I know, all about the trip, sure, coming up. Just need to organize my photos a little bit. Meanwhile, have some candy. This is great stuff - totally addictive, and perfectly balanced between sweet and salty. And it takes almost no time to make.

Peanut Nougat
makes about 30

90 g nougat
90 g white chocolate
100-200 ml (oh, say 1/2-3/4 cup, it's fine) finely chopped salted peanuts.

Melt the nougat and the white chocolate, in a water bath or in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Add most of the peanuts, and divide into small paper cups. Decorate with more peanuts, and put in the fridge for at least an hour or so until they firm up.

Recipe in Swedish:
Jordnötsnougat

2 comments:

ScottE. said...

I bet this is tasty, but I have to ask...where do I find "nougat" in the store? Is there a substitute?

Shopping in the US.

Anne said...

Scott - that's a good question! It's a semi-soft block of ground hazelnuts and sugar (bet other nut blends exists too, which is fine) - I think some might know it as gianduja? Hazelnut paste should work too, if you can find that, or praliné paste. I hope that helps a little bit! If not, maybe try with Nutella, but use a bit less in proportion to the white chocolate or it might not get solid enough. (But I bet that's really tasty!)