Sunday, January 07, 2007

Dried Lamb



Not everything I cook is super. This was one of those things. It's a dried leg of lamb - you rub it with salt, sugar and saltpeter, then immerse it in a mix of water, more salt, sugar and saltpeter for ten days. Then you take it out and hang it to dry for a month. A lot of work. Yep. And it's not worth it. At least I didn't think so. It was ok, but that's it. Glinda loved it, which is nice - she gets to eat the major part of this. We'll probably toss out the rest.

And the kittens are doing great, by the way. :)

2 comments:

Farmgirl Susan said...

Wow, I've never heard of this. Thanks for writing about it, Anne. If I'd come across the recipe I might have been inclined to try it since we always have so much lamb in the freezer. You've saved me a lot of time! (Though I'm sorry it didn't turn out wonderful.)

P.S. The new kittens are adorable! : )

Anonymous said...

Inspirerad av din blogg får jag också lust att starta en engelskspråkig blogg. (En utmaning för att se om min engelska fungerar i det sammanhanget).

Apropå det torkade köttet misslyckades jag också nyligen med en dito rådjursstek. Synd på det fina köttet.