Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Errazuriz



Faithful readers know that I rarely write about wine. Not only do I not drink that much wine, I don't know much about it and thus have not so much to say. But there are exceptions. I recently found this beauty - Errazuriz, a Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé from Chile - and I knew I had to tell you about it. It's been raved about here in Sweden in the morning tv shows, so it can be pretty hard to find - but do make the effort. It's well worth it. I'm not a big fan of rosé, as are quite few - but this one is special. As you can see from the photo, it's a really dark rosé, and it's incredibly flavorful - it's young, and tastes of ripe berries. It's more like a light red wine, if that makes sense. Perfect for summer, and perfect for sipping outdoors. It's very reasonably priced at Systembolaget at a meager 69:- SEK; and if you can find it, I strongly suggest stocking a few bottles.

No comments: