Saturday, October 08, 2005

Where the magic happen



Due to.. oh, I don't know if I can really call it popular request, but kind of - here's my kitchen. I rather like it. It's small, and I wish I had more counter space, but it's easy to work in. I painted all the cabinets red when we moved in, and I love the warmth of it.



We splurged on two things. The first is this lovely american-style side-by-side fridge/freezer. I adore it. It has an icemaker. I don't know how I ever lived without it.



And then this. This is a rolling work-table, sort of. You can cut stuff directly on it, but I'm too weak for that, I usually just use it to bake, and to prepare things on. It's excellent to have, but it does take up a lot of space. No matter - I love it. It's very sturdy, and it was hell to find. Even worse, it was pretty tough to get home. We had my dad's little sports car and I have not so fond memories of driving across town, table legs pointing to the air, open trunk.. oh well, it's here now. I dread having to move.

8 comments:

Techer or student said...

I love the red cupboards in your kitchen. The refrigerator looks very much like mine. Is it a Kenmore? (I don't even know if you can get Kenmore in Europe, but it's made by Whirlpool so you could have something similar.) Very fun seeing your kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, I was in my class blog when I left that last comment, and didn't realize it so it signed me as teacher or student! Actually I should have been using my other blog name so you could tell who it was from! (I have two lives, fourth grade teacher and cooking blog writer.)

Kevin said...

Anne,

The light in your kitchen is stunning! Those red cabinets would never work in a darker kitchen -- and they definitely work in your kitchen.

I notice you have an electic stove, is that typical in Sweden?

Anonymous said...

Hello Anne,

I believe kitchens has their personalities and yours seems so warm and friendly. I have the same problem with space and countertops, so we add some pull-out boards just under the counter. bye the way I need some information about Stockholm, is it ok to write you a personal email about that? Thanks in advance.

vlb5757 said...

Anne, I really loved your kitchen. I have all red applicances but red cabinets in my house would just be too much though I would love to have them! We have the same refrigerator. I love the ice maker too. It's great when the weather gets really hot and muggy here. I hate refilling ice cube trays! Fabulous kitchen!

Mona said...

I love the color of those cabinets. Red in any of its hues is my favorite color. Way to go with the Americana fridge/freezer :) Very convenient. My family has had rolling kitchen tables for years and I wouldn't want my kitchen without one..

Anne said...

Thank you all so very much for your kind comments! I do like my kitchen - it has a nice vibe. I wish it was a bit bigger - but oh well. It works.

Kalyn - our fridge is a Samsung, but Whirlpool have similar models here. No Kenmore though!

Kevin - yes, almost everyone has an electric stove. Gas is unusual - as in, very. My sister has one though!

Tülin - of course, go right ahead. I'll be happy to try and help with some Stockholm-ania. Pull out boards are a good idea, my mom has that in her kitchen!

Vickie - I have the hardest time deciding on colors for my appliances. As it is, they're all different.. but I do love my red Kitchen-Aid. And I'm strongly thinking about a red espresso-maker!

Mona - I *know*, once you've tried a rolling table, you wouldn't want to be without one. I plan on having this baby for a very, very long time. :)

kitchenmage said...

i love the red and Kevin's right, that's beautiful light!